Gay Elopements
Vineyard Wedding Photograph

STATE OF CALIFORNIA Marriage License Requirements:

• No residency requirement. No waiting period.
• You no longer need a premarital health certificate or a blood test to get a marriage license in the state of California.
• Both the bride and the groom must appear in person and have photo ID. Both must know the state and/or country of their parents' birth and the mother's maiden names.
• Those with a previous marriage that ended in annulment or divorce must know the date that marriage was dissolved. If the dissolution was granted within the previous six months, a copy of the final judgment of divorce or annulment must be submitted
to the county clerk.
• Marriage license is good for 90 days and may be used anywhere in the state of California.
• One witness required at the ceremony.
• Confidential marriage license may be issued only to those who are 18 years or older and living together at the time of application.
• This license is valid only within the county where it is issued.
• No witness is required at the ceremony.
• Minors under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Parent/guardian must have photo ID and be willing to sign an authorization form.
• Minor must have a certified (and translated, if applicable) copy of birth certificate.
• A superior court judge must grant a minor permission to marry before a license will be issued.

Napa County Recorder's Office
Clerk Recorder's Office
Room 116 (entrance in alley behind the Second Street parking garage)
900 Coombs Street, Napa, CA
(707) 253-4246
Hours: weekdays 8am-2pm (holidays excepted)
Fee: $65 ($67 if confidential)